Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wonderful, Horrible, Crazy, Loving Life...

It's been a crazy long time since I've posted anything of significance...mainly, I just wanted to get done with school and have some time to do so. SO!! Without further ado, here is what the Spencers of Las Vegas have been up to...

INTRODUCING..... SHAUNA! My new sister-in-law. She married Dallas's brother, Taylor, in the Bountiful Temple on May 15, 2009. Hurray! WE LOVE THEM!!! It was SO cool to be with them in the Temple and share their First Day of Forever. I love ALL my family members, and I am so happy to be adding to it through the Gospel. It truly is a great part of who I am. I am so grateful for everything the Gospel brings into my life.

The tulips at the Temple were phenomenal! They were so breath-taking that I couldn't stop taking pictures if them. Particularly this patch of flowers. I promise they ARE real...no photo shop here!

Saturday was fun as well! Enjoying the beauty of the world... (I know, I didn't think Las Vegas had anything NATURE-wise that was beautiful either....) Molly and her Fiance, Chris, took us hiking with them up to "Mary Jane Falls"... It was a small hike of 3 miles...needless to say, I took ALOT more breaks than anyone else... It has rejuvenated my goal of working out more.




The falls were a small trickle. You can see how they made the rocks wet behind us...but beautiful.


This is the saddest part of my journey. Molly B. O'Connell and I will no longer be teaching together. :'( {SOB} She is working at a High School next year (YEY FOR HER!) and I will be... who knows where. She has become one of my best friends. It will be so sad to leave Las Vegas knowing I will be leaving behind a kindred spirit.


2 comments:

Lana Knapp said...

I love all your awesome pictures! Those flowers and mountains are really pretty. We are glad you are done with school and hope you move closer to us.

Brad, Charlsie and Our Little Monkey said...

Is Dallas done for good with school? Any plans?....maybe you should come to Des Moines. I hear they have a pretty good education system and the teachers get paid pretty well.