Last night, Dallas took me to my first Hockey game. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. The fast-paced game was exciting enough but the players add another element to it: hit your opponent EVERY chance you get. They were punching eachother, slamming other players into walls, and tripping them with their sticks. It was insane! I even saw one player punch the other team member in the face three times to get to the puck faster. No fouls were called, no technicals given, just 2 minutes in the "time-out" box. I discovered something about myself while I watched... I love contact sports. There's something about a player getting slammed into the wall, or a sweet tackle that makes watching sports fun. I hope Dallas and I can watch more LIVE sports (emphasis on LIVE) while we're here. :)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Hockey! (and other Las Vegas Entertainments)
While we've lived in Vegas, we have had the opportunity to see SO many different things. We've gone to shows, sporting events, plays, theme parks and movies. When we saw Batman at the IMAX theater, I literally felt like I was falling into the movie. It was awesome! We've also been able to see two of Dallas' favorite comedians: Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Cosby. They both were so funny, at times we were crying because we were laughing so hard. Before Christmas, Rebecca and Kaylyn came down and we saw Phantom of the Opera. [After I walked them to death! :D ] (Sidebar: If anyone wants to experience a wicked cheap strip tour, let me know! *Warning: There is ALOT of walking!) We have seen so much of Vegas, I thought I had seen it all...well, most of it anyway. I was wrong.
Last night, Dallas took me to my first Hockey game. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. The fast-paced game was exciting enough but the players add another element to it: hit your opponent EVERY chance you get. They were punching eachother, slamming other players into walls, and tripping them with their sticks. It was insane! I even saw one player punch the other team member in the face three times to get to the puck faster. No fouls were called, no technicals given, just 2 minutes in the "time-out" box. I discovered something about myself while I watched... I love contact sports. There's something about a player getting slammed into the wall, or a sweet tackle that makes watching sports fun. I hope Dallas and I can watch more LIVE sports (emphasis on LIVE) while we're here. :)
The night before the Wicked Cheap Strip Tour, Kaylyn, Rebecca, Dallas and I went to the Opportunity Village. This is where we got free tickets to the Hockey Game. It was beautiful, and felt like October in December! That's one thing I love about Vegas. Warm temperatures!
This is part of the Orthodox Greek Church. Dallas and I went on a tour while at the Greek Festival. Dallas' mentor, Gary, gave us free tickets. (Free is always good!)
Bill Cosby. No more need for words...
Last night, Dallas took me to my first Hockey game. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. The fast-paced game was exciting enough but the players add another element to it: hit your opponent EVERY chance you get. They were punching eachother, slamming other players into walls, and tripping them with their sticks. It was insane! I even saw one player punch the other team member in the face three times to get to the puck faster. No fouls were called, no technicals given, just 2 minutes in the "time-out" box. I discovered something about myself while I watched... I love contact sports. There's something about a player getting slammed into the wall, or a sweet tackle that makes watching sports fun. I hope Dallas and I can watch more LIVE sports (emphasis on LIVE) while we're here. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love all your pictures. It looks like there are a lot of fun things to do there. We need to come visit you guys sometime. We loved seeing you guys at Christmas!
So fun! You guys have seen way more of Las Vegas than we have. It was so good to see you 2 weekends in a row. Thanks for keeping us entertained! I wish I felt more up to going out and doing exciting things.
Post a Comment