1 - I don't get heartburn. I get the raging-fires-from-Hades taking revenge for everything I swallow (or sometimes smell, yes, I said smell.) Even water can have this unfortunate result.
2 - The weight I gain is because I'm putting stuff in, but nothing comes out. 'nough said.
3 - I don't get emotional. I get crazy. I was sitting in a class and in 10 minutes I experienced every emotion I believe possible. I was happy, sad (tearing up about to cry sad), angry, frustrated, annoyed, calm, anxious, patient, restless, and everything in between. Hopefully the instructor realized it wasn't REALLY because of her... she is dealing with 4 pregnant (aka crazy) ladies after all.
4 -It's not only my feet that swell. I have been missing my fingers, wrists, knees, etc. for a while now.
5 - Charlie Horses. Everywhere. All the time.
6 - Morning Sickness feels like I'm on a rollercoaster with the stomache flu all day, every day. Oh, and you just ate a chili cheese dog.
7 - The first time I saw my baby on the ultra sound machine was one of the happiest days and also the scariest of my life.
8 - From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I loved and feared this baby. I knew that no matter what the outcome of this pregnancy was/is... I have been changed for good.
9 - The nesting period... Why do little things cost so much money?
10 - Every kick in the ribs, every movement from this little guy is the best thing in the world. And (I know I haven't given birth yet... but) I would put up with all the aches and pains in the world for as long as I had to in order to have a healthy, happy baby. I think it's wonderful that having a baby requires so much sacrifice. That way, when the little one arrives we can understand (even if not fully) how truly precious these little ones are.
2 comments:
Isn't it great to experience all the joys of pregnancy first hand? Sorry to hear about your woes, but I truly am so excited for you too!! Pregnancy is hard, but you can do it!! Hang in there girl, it's so worth it!!
Is he here yet?!?!
Post a Comment